Curried Carrot and Apple Soup
Our unusual sweet and spicy soup is guaranteed to see off the gloomiest of winter weather!
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 17 mins
- Serves: 1
Nutrition per serving: 291 kcal, 8g protein, 30g carbs, 15g fat, 6g fibre
Vegan, gluten-free, contains nuts and mustard from the curry powder
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 250g carrots
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped, skin on
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- black pepper
- 20g flaked, toasted almonds
- Put a non-stick pan over a medium heat and gently “toast” the curry powder and fennel seeds for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, apple and onion, then stir carefully until covered with the curry mixture.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are softened, stir in the hot stock. Blend until smooth, bring back to the boil for a minute, then serve seasoned to taste, topped with the toasted almonds.