Roast Roots and Stilton-Baked Vegetables
With root veggies bang in season, make the most of them in this quick and easy dish.
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Serves: 2
Nutrition per serving: 283 kcal, 15g protein, 40g carbs, 7g fat, 6g fibre
Vegetarian, gluten-free, contains milk
- 200g swede, peeled and cubed
- 120g baby carrots
- 200g turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 200g courgette, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 30g Stilton
- 200g canned butter beans, drained
- Handful fresh basil, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas 6. Steam the swede, carrots and turnip until tender then place on a non-stick baking tray with the onion and courgette.
- Sprinkle with the herbs and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the vinegar, then bake for about 30 mins.
- Crumble over the Stilton then bake for another 10 mins, until the vegetables are tender.
- Heat the butter beans in a pan with the remaining balsamic then serve mixed with the baked root vegetables and the fresh basil.
Vegan alternative: swap the Stilton for a vegan blue cheese.