Mushroom and Soft Cheese Toasties
This low-fat twist on the classic cheese on toast packs two of your five a day – and it’s a (spring) breeze to knock up.
- Preparation time: 2 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Serves: 1
Nutrition per serving: 289 kcal, 17g protein, 43g carbs, 6g fat, 8g fibre
Vegetarian, contains gluten and milk
- 80g mushrooms, finely slice
- 2 medium slices wholemeal bread
- 60g extra-light soft cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- Cook the mushrooms in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Meanwhile, toast 2 medium slices wholemeal bread then spread with the cheese.
- Top with the mushrooms, sprinkled with the chives, and serve with the tomato on the side.