This recipe works well with any firm-fleshed fish, but large halibut steaks are a winter treat and really hold their flavour.
- Preparation time: 25 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Serves: 2
Nutrition per serving: 198 kcal, 36g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat, 3g fibre
Gluten-free, Cajun season may contain celery, contains milk and fish
- 2 x 150g halibut steaks, skin and bones removed
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 160g broccoli
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen roll. Mix the yoghurt and lime juice together, then brush lightly over both sides of the fish.
- Mix the crushed garlic and seasoning together, place in a wide shallow dish, then put one of the steaks in the fish in the seasoning, making sure both sides are evenly coated. Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to allow the coating to set.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then cook the halibut for about 4 mins each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for a couple of minutes until just tender, then serve with the halibut.