Cheesy Baked Potato with Baby Spinach
Baby spinach is juicy and tender in the spring, and full of goodies like vitamin C, folic acid and iron, so it’s a great addition to the humble baked potato with cheese.
- Preparation time: 2 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1
Nutrition per serving: 299 kcal, 15g protein, 39g carbs, 9g fat, 5g fibre
Vegetarian, contains milk
- 1 medium baking potato (approx. 200g)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed garlic
- large handful baby spinach
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp quark
- 40g feta cheese
- Prick the potato and microwave on high for 4-5 mins, then turn over and microwave for another 4-5 mins until soft all over.
- Meanwhile, gently cook the garlic in a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp water for 2 mins, stir in the spinach and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Drain the garlicky spinach then mix in a bowl with the carrot, quark and cheese.
- Cut the potato in half, scoop out the flesh and stir into the spinach mixture, then load back into the skins and microwave on high for 1 min.