Nutrigold Antarctic Krill Oil x 60 Soft Gels
- Product Overview
Krill (Euphausia Superba) are shrimp-like crustaceans (type of shellfish) that live in the oceans, most concentrated in the West Atlantic. They eat small microscopic plants (phytoplankton – a rich source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids, EFAs, and chlorophyll). Nutrigold’s Antarctic Krill soft gels confer several advantages for delivering Omega 3 EFAs EPA and DHA. Benefits include:
- Contains natural levels of EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that confers health maintaining properties (and gives krill oil the red colour), as well as protecting the krill oil from oxidation preserving Omega 3 EFA content and keeping the product fresh.
- EPA and DHA in krill oil are found as phospholipids (rather than triglyceride forms found in fish oil), which enable greater absorption via fat digestion pathways within the digestive tract therefore enhancing bioavailability of these important essential fats.
- Phospholipids in krill oil mix with the stomach contents so there is no associated reflux or fishy burps/aftertaste that can occur when taking fish oil.
- Small capsules are easy to swallow.
- Nutrigold krill oil sourced by Aker BioMarine, a Norwegian fishing and biotech company that are one of the leading fisheries in the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) sustainability and traceability programmes.
- Utilises environmentally-friendly krill harvesting technology (Eco-Harvestingâ), which maintains the nutritional integrity of the krill and minimises environmental impact by releasing unwanted by-catch (non-krill species) unharmed.
- Nutrigold krill oil is free of environmental contaminants – because krill live at the bottom of the food chain, they are virtually free of contaminants.
And why do we need EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) omega 3 essential fatty acids? These types of fats are not made in the body so must be supplied via the diet, from sources such as oily fish, or through supplements. Omega 3 EFAs are required to support key areas of health.
DHA contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal brain function.
- The maintenance of normal vision.
Maternal intake of DHA contributes to:
- The normal brain development of the foetus and breastfed infants.
- The normal development of the eye of the foetus and breastfed infants.
DHA and EPA contribute to normal:
- Function of the heart.
- Blood pressure (beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g EPA/DHA).
- Normal (fasting) blood concentrations of triglycerides (beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g EPA or 2g DHA).
Nutrigold’s Antarctic Krill Oil deliver 120mg EPA and 55mg DHA per soft gel, along with astaxanthin and other phospholipids.
- Contains natural Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and astaxanthin
- Highly bioavailable form of omega 3 for normal heart function
- From sustainable sources of krill
2 capsules daily with food or as directed by a practitioner.
Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
Please always read the product label prior to use or consumption
We take the upmost care to ensure that the information on our website is as accurate as possible, however our suppliers are frequently improving their products and so the ingredients and nutrition content may change from time to time. Therefore, when you receive your products you should always read the product labelling carefully before using or consuming them, this is particularly the case if you suffer from allergies or intolerances. If you have any queries, please contact our customer services team.
- How to Use
- Free From
- Free From
- Artificial Colour
- Artificial Flavours
- Artificial Preservatives
- Artificial Sugar
- Free From
- Suitable For
- Suitable For
- Suitable For
Krill Oil (from shellfish ). Capsule Shell: Marine Gelatin (from fish ), Glycerol, Water.
- Nutritional Information
- Warnings & Restrictions
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken. Do not take if a known yeast allergy exists.
If you are currently taking any other medication please check with your doctor before using this product.
If you are planning a hospital procedure please ensure that you inform the doctor in your consultations prior to the treatment as in some instances you may need to stop taking supplements in advance of surgery.
- What is a Verified Purchase?It means that the customer who wrote the review has also purchased this item.
You may find this information useful in helping you decide whcih reviews are most helpful in making your purchasing decisions.
If a review is not marked as a Verified Purchase it does not mean that the reviewer has no experience of this item as they may have one which they have acquired from elsewhere.View: 1-0 of 0 in total | Page | Show 10
By clicking accept to this message you confirm that you have read and agreed with all of the terms and conditions associated with the purchase and onward use of these tests. You also hereby agree that prior to carrying out any testing you will review in full the educational material provided and execute to the best of your ability the instructions laid out therein. In doing so you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and ability, that you will carry out testing according to National guidance.