Nutrigold Homocysteine Support Formula x 60 Capsules
- Product Overview
Homocysteine is a common amino acid found in the blood. Certain B vitamins (including reduced folic acid, Vitamin B6 and B12) are required to maintain normal levels of homocysteine through specific cellular pathways (called the methylation cycle) throughout the body.
Key nutrients in Homocysteine Support Formula include:
- Trimethylglycine (TMG) providing betaine – also known as a “methyl” donor that is required by the cellular methylation cycle that maintains normal homocysteine levels. This type of betaine is not the same as a betaine hydrochloride that is used alongside pepsin to support protein digestion.
- Folate, Vitamin B6 and B12 – contribute to a number of different areas of health but relating to this product specifically contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism, normal red blood cell formation and reduction or tiredness and fatigue.
With our extensive research into the latest nutritional science we have included some of the most bioavailable and bioactive nutrient forms in this product. Bioavailability of nutrients is important because the efficiency with which your system absorbs key nutrients affects both the speed and level of positive health effects, as well impacting on the cost of your supplement programme.
Bioactive nutrients in Homocysteine Support Formula include:
- Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate (P5P) – the bioactive coenzyme form of Vitamin B6, which can be directly utilised by the body (including in the methylation cycle) without conversion.
- Quatrefolic – a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate (5-MTHF) with optimum stability and bioavailability. Quatrefolic® bypasses the gastric barrier and is absorbed across the digestive tract ready for the cells to utilise, including in those individuals who have the MTHFR enzyme polymorphism. Folates found in food and synthetic folic acid found in some food supplements are not biologically active and need to be converted to the bioactive reduced and methylated form of folic acid (5-MTHF) by the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase enzyme - MTHFR), which is associated with increased risk of different diseases. This means that the supplement form of folic acid is key for absorption, bioavailability and bioactivity.
- Methylcobalamin – a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B12 that is better absorbed and retained in the tissues compared to synthetic cyanocobalamin.
Nutrigold’s Homocysteine Support Formula provides 400mg of TMG combined with 5mg P5P (Vitamin B6), 25μg 5-MTHF (reduced folic acid) and 10μg methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) per capsule in a hypoallergenic form suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- B vitamins and TMG support normal levels of homocysteine
- Bioactive forms of B6, folate and vitamin B12
- Folate and vitamin B12 also support reduction of tiredness and fatigue
1-2 capsules daily after food or as directed by a practitioner.
Store in a cool dry place.
Please always read the product label prior to use or consumption
We take the upmost care to ensure that the information on our website is as accurate as possible, however our suppliers are frequently improving their products and so the ingredients and nutrition content may change from time to time. Therefore, when you receive your products you should always read the product labelling carefully before using or consuming them, this is particularly the case if you suffer from allergies or intolerances. If you have any queries, please contact our customer services team.
- How to Use
- Free From
- Free From
- Artificial Colour
- Artificial Flavours
- Artificial Preservatives
- Artificial Sugar
- Free From
- Suitable For
- Suitable For
- Suitable For
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine, TMG), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, P5P), Quatrefolic (Reduced Folic Acid as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; 5-MTHF), Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)
- Nutritional Information
- Warnings & Restrictions
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken. This product is not suitable if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
If you are currently taking any other medication please check with your doctor before using this product.
If you are planning a hospital procedure please ensure that you inform the doctor in your consultations prior to the treatment as in some instances you may need to stop taking supplements in advance of surgery.
- What is a Verified Purchase?It means that the customer who wrote the review has also purchased this item.
You may find this information useful in helping you decide whcih reviews are most helpful in making your purchasing decisions.
If a review is not marked as a Verified Purchase it does not mean that the reviewer has no experience of this item as they may have one which they have acquired from elsewhere.View: 1-0 of 0 in total | Page | Show 10
By clicking accept to this message you confirm that you have read and agreed with all of the terms and conditions associated with the purchase and onward use of these tests. You also hereby agree that prior to carrying out any testing you will review in full the educational material provided and execute to the best of your ability the instructions laid out therein. In doing so you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and ability, that you will carry out testing according to National guidance.