Donjoy OA Adjuster 3 Knee Brace
- Product Overview
What is Osteoarthritis (OA) knee bracing and how does it work? - Knee braces are available that are specifically designed to treat OA. They stabilize the joint, reduce pain and help to build stronger muscles, which allows patients to return to the activities they love. Load redistribution and joint alignment Through a process called "off-loading" or shifting, OA braces relieve pain by redistributing the weight-bearing load on the painful or affected compartment of the joint to the healthy or unaffected compartment. Increased function Studies have shown that wearing an OA brace can increase daily functions and decrease pain. Patients diagnosed with OA who wear a knee brace will generally feel better in the morning, be more active during the day, and rest more comfortably at night. Braces cannot cure OA and may not be right for everyone. However, it is a viable solution for many people. The ideal candidates are typically active people who are motivated to strengthen their muscles and willing to wear a brace to realize the benefits of this form of treatment. Discuss treatment goals with your doctor and others on your health care team before you get a brace. Don't expect a brace to feel good from the start. It may take from a week to a month to get used to how the brace feels on your leg. Be patient. It took a long time for your knee OA to develop. Bracing has come close to eliminating pain for some people with knee OA, while others experience moderate relief.
- Adjuster Technology - Provides the highest average amount of condylar separation. (Komistek Study-head-to-head comparisons of commercially available OTS OA knee braces)
- Lightweight and Tough - The combination of the durability of aluminium and leveraging the strength of nano MAG make it lightweight and tough
- Functional Comfort - Sleek design combines a new calf contour design and an evolution in nano MAG material science
- Clinically-Proven - DonJoy's Adjuster Technology offloads a little - or a lot - and nano MAG Technology on the offloading side provides lightweight function with the strength of aircraft-grade aluminium. Floating hinges allow a contoured, personalized fit for all levels of activity
- 4 Points of Leverage System - Pioneered by DonJoy, it provides clinically proven ligament stability with:
- anterior thigh anchor
- posterior tibia anchor
- lower thigh strap pushes femur anteriorly
- anterior tibia strap applies an active constant load to prevent anterior tibial translation
- Contoured Calf Cuff - The posterior calf cuff is contoured to enhance overall brace suspension for various levels of activity and it is designed to fit a variety of body shapes and sizes
Please see the sizing guide in the image gallery for more information.
Before using the device, please read the provided instructions completely and carefully. Correct application is vital to the proper functioning of the device.
Regular cleaning of components is recommended. A dry lubricant such a Teflon spray may be applied to the hinge’s internal mechanism and is recommended following use in water. Inspect the hinge screws periodically and tighten if loose. To clean liners and condyle pads, hand wash in 30°C/85°F cold water using mild soap, rinse thoroughly, and air dry. Residual soap may cause irritation and deteriorate material.
Please read all manufacturers instructions and consult your GP before use
Please ensure that you read all manufacturer’s instructions before you start using any Products as they may include important safety guidelines and fitting instructions. The information and products on this site are not specific to your medical condition, therefore please consult your GP or Physiotherapist before you act on any advice, start to exercise or use any products. If you have any queries, please contact our customer services team.
- Free From
- Suitable For
- Nutritional Information
- Warnings & Restrictions
The brace was designed to complement the variety of medical treatments common to the above afflictions and should be used under the supervision of a medical professional who will determine the frequency and duration of use. If you experience any pain, swelling, sensation changes, circulation problems, or any unusual reactions while using the brace, consult a medical professional immediately. The brace should be worn directly against dry skin. The brace is intended for use on a single patient and is not intended for use in contact sports. Braces should not be worn on both right and left legs during activities that may cause the braces to contact each other resulting in potential loss of control and injury. Consult a medical professional for your activity limitations. While the OA Adjuster has been designed for function, strength, durability, and comfort, there is no guarantee that injury will be prevented through the use of the brace.
- What is a Verified Purchase?It means that the customer who wrote the review has also purchased this item.
You may find this information useful in helping you decide whcih reviews are most helpful in making your purchasing decisions.
If a review is not marked as a Verified Purchase it does not mean that the reviewer has no experience of this item as they may have one which they have acquired from elsewhere.View: 1-0 of 0 in total | Page | Show 10